ION360 U FIRMWARE UPDATE FEATURE
The ION360U camera and case hardware have firmware stored in their memory. This firmware will require updating as improvements are made. The ION360 U app has a feature that updates the camera firmware and case firmware. The app notifies the user when an update is available and the user needs to start the update process.
Prerequisites for firmware update to be available in the app:
- We've released a firmware update and the users' case and/or camera firmware is older than that release.
- The phone is connected to the Internet (cell or WiFi)
- The phone is in the case and the camera has been turned on at some point while the update is available.
The case and the camera have separate firmware. Depending on what firmware updates we've released since the user last updated, the firmware update process may install one or two updates at a time.
When a firmware update is available, a yellow dot appears on top of the Settings menu icon in the upper left of the My Content screen: Settings menu. There’s a yellow dot next to the Hardware Update menu. To start the firmware update process, select Hardware Update
Select "Download update" and the firmware will start downloading to the phone. The update will download to the phone. When completed select "Install update". The update will install. Do not exit the app or remove the case/camera.
During the installation, the camera will restart. DO NOT PANIC, this is EXPECTED. The "Camera not connected" message will appear when the camera is restarting and the camera power light will turn off. The camera will turn back on again by itself. If there is only one firmware update, a completion screen will appear with "Update installed!" with a Done button that will take them back to My Content.
If the camera and case both need new firmware, update 2 will start, with similar screens to the first.
Update is installed! Done button goes back to My Content.
Note: Error situations
- If the phone loses Internet connectivity during the firmware download the user will get an error message and the upgrade cannot be completed until the Internet connectivity is restored.
- If the camera turns off during the update, the user will be prompted to turn it on. The app does keep the camera on during the firmware update screens so it won't turn off by itself until it needs to reboot.
- If the case or phone battery is too low, an error message will appear. Please charge phone and/or case before continuing with the upgrade.